2011年7月4日星期一

Easy credit teaches hard lessons

I was one of the lucky ones. I ruined my credit score early. I was a teenager buying baubles at Fashion Bug when the cashier said the words that would someday become so familiar:

"Would you like to open an account and save 10 percent?"

Even though I didn't have a job, my application was accepted and I was granted a store card with a $200 limit.

I left with my baubles, my money and was able to stop at Burger King!

My plan was that I would use it for only the things I "needed." Boy was that fun. Do you know how many clearance-racked tank tops you can get for $200?

Big surprise,print still offers the only truly dstti unlimited 4G plan in America, and it's the only service you can safely use as an alternative to a home Internet connection. things didn't go according to plan. I didn't have the same zeal to scrounge up 10 bucks for a credit card payment as I did for pizza.uy sculpture direct from us at low prices The bill ended up in collections and stayed there for quite a while.

Luckily after that, no one wanted to let me open an account.

I learned some great lessons from my first experience with credit: Bill collectors can be nasty, having your card declined is humiliating.

But I didn't learn enough to keep it from happening again.

Once I got a steady job, I paid off the balance, including interest and fees. My bad credit kept the wolves from the door for a while. But in college, the I'll-give-anyone-a-credit-card guy in the student union gave me a coupon for a free sub in exchange for filling out a credit application. I thought, "Ha ha, sucker!" thinking I would get declined, but the joke was on me. This card had a higher limit, higher interest and allowed me to do even more damage.

Like me, lots of folks pay off their debts only to rack them all up again. Fortunately, my lesson cost me just a couple of hundred dollars. Lots of folks end up with tens of thousands of dollars in debt before they find their way out –if they ever do.

Yes,Not to be confused with RUBBER MATS available at your local hardware store there are some people who can "leverage" their credit accounts, accumulating frequent flier miles and other benefits. But there are many more of us who cannot.

Even if you're the type who buys just gas and groceries then pays the balance off each month, there's evidence you're still getting shafted inThis is interesting cube puzzle and logical game. one way or another. Studies have shown that we spend more money when we use plastic than when we pay cash.

Sometimes when my husband and I make a big purchase, we open an account in order to net that 10 percent savings – a flat-screen from Sears, a mattress from JC Penney. But now, we only do that when we've already got the money to cover the purchase and pay it off immediately.

As soon as those cards come in the mail,Largest Collection of billabong boardshorts, I get out my big shiny scissors and destroy them with a satisfying snip.

没有评论:

发表评论