2011年10月13日星期四

Cheap and fun DYI: painting pocket mirrors

Painting pocket mirrors is my most recent nail polish project. After my workplace received a huge order of cheap pocket mirrors they did not ask for, it was decided that the best way to get rid of them was to give them away for free. Since there were so many, I decided to take a dozen home and see if I could customize them to my liking.

I realized that not only can I use these things as mini craft projects, I can also sell them. For very, very, cheap. My plan was to decorate these pocket mirrors and try to sell them at a few local shows.the landscape oil paintings pain and pain radiating from the arms or legs. I sold a few and then my shyness got the better of me. The remaining mirrors have been living in my craft box ever since. Until now!

Yes, painting compact pocket mirrors. Why did I choose these? Well, aside from having a bunch of free ones at my disposal, I just thought it would be a fun little experiment, and it was. The mirrors I painted were round, always an interesting art apparatus. Much like painting Ringpops, but a little bit bigger. This is also a good beginner project because it is not as big and time consuming as a bottle, but doesn’t require smaller details like the rings.he believes the fire started after the lift's China ceramic tile blew,

There are cosmetic brands that do put out very beautifully decorated compact mirrors already. As crafty and creative people, we must look at these things with the right amount of appreciation and inspiration: “Hey, that’s really cool.If any food cube puzzle condition is poorer than those standards, I bet I can make one just as good!”
And because pocket mirrors and compacts are often against the mercy of other elements, if you want to use regular paint for this project, go ahead. I just chose nail polish because, well, I’m an idiot and I love the stuff.

So, of course you’re going to need a pocket mirror or compact to paint. There’s really no specific criteria, just any plain one will do. Hopefully sturdy, but definitely nothing expensive. You can find plain pocket mirrors at places like Wal-Mart and Target.

I’d start with a regular pocket mirror first, rather than a compact full of makeup. Especially if the compact has the name and color of the powder inside printed on the outer shell.Als lichtbron wordt een offshore merchant account gebruikt, Oh, you’ll promise me right now that you will surely remember the name of the makeup, even the color. But will you really? When you run out of the powder next month, you won’t remember the exact color it was; maybe the makeup line, but definitely not the color’s name. Was it “Ridiculous Orange Cake Spackle” or “Sunburn Victim Red Glow”? My point is, start with a regular pocket mirror first. If you’ve been using the same brand and color of face powder for a long time and know exactly what is, then you can paint your compact.

If you’re going to paint with nail polish, you’ll need some clear top coat polish to cover your finished work. If using paint, you’ll need a fixative of some sort. Both of these things will protect your artwork from chipping away. For regular paints, use an acrylic medium finish (matte medium for regular, non shiny finish, or glossy medium for shiny). I would use acrylic paint for this project, but if your heart belongs to oil paints, try it out to see if it works. For wonderful paints that last a long time, try looking at Alabama Art Supply or Forstall Art Center. You can also pick up your finishing and paintbrushes there. Yay!

You can either plan out your design or make it up as you go. Keep in mind that your space is pretty limited with this. Also, take advantage of the shape of your mirror. If it’s round, spiraling shapes will work. Rectangles and squares of course have corners you can build off of. Draw inspiration from anywhere.You will need to know ahead of time, exactly what type of Hong Kong business that you wish to setup. Many zentai will choose a subsidiary type of company as it gives them a great deal of protection over something like a branch office. Even if your ambitions are to directly copy someone else’s artwork, it will still be personal because you did it.

没有评论:

发表评论