2011年11月16日星期三

Count your blessings everyday

Hope is powerful word. A word all of us should be thankful for this holiday season.If so, you may have a cube puzzle .

I recently watched Gabby Gifford’s first television interview with Diane Sawyer the other night and was blown away by her fighting spirit, courage and determination. While I watched snippets taken from Gifford’s therapy sessions, I realized how many things I take for granted.

She had to learn how to talk and walk all over again. If you think about it, it’s the simple things in life,which applies to the first offshore merchant account only, which usually go unnoticed, that are priceless.An Wholesale pet supplies of him grinning through his illegal mustache is featured prominently in the lobby.

As Thanksgiving approaches, I thought I would make a list of all the things I am thankful for this year. First, and for most, I am thankful for my health. While I watched Gifford’s interview, I realized how precious life can be. Our lives can change in an instant. One minute everything can be fine and the next minute everything can be turned upside down.This will leave your shoulders free to rotate in their Floor tiles .

The next thing on my list to be thankful for this year, are friends. Since I’ve worked with the Clinton Herald, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting a lot of wonderful people. It’s hard to believe next month will mark my 10th anniversary with the Herald. It just doesn’t seem possible.

Where did the time go?

I am very grateful to have my friend, Jennifer, in my life. Jennifer, a former co-worker, is definitely the older sister I never had.

Since I was an only child, I always envied the relationships my cousins had with their siblings. Even though they argued, I still thought they were lucky to have each other. It’s always good to know when someone has your back; I’m glad Jennifer has mine.

And I’m sure it’s just another trait of being an only child, but I view my close friends as extended members of my family. I would do anything for them.

I feel like this is starting to sound like a very long Oscar acceptance speech. So, I’ll try to wrap it up before the orchestra starts to play.If any food Ventilation system condition is poorer than those standards,

Thirdly, I am thankful for all of the help and support my mom and dad have given me over the course of the year. My dad has definitely supplied a lot of time and effort into my whacky chicken hobby.

He has given up countless weekends helping me build onto my chicken coop and pen. He has definitely been a real trooper. I couldn’t have done it without him.

I also give my mom a lot of credit for hearing my cries of panic when coyotes and a raccoon tried to break into the chicken house. She was pretty good at calming me down and talking me down from the rafters. There’s nothing I hate more than critters trying to disturb my girls. I’ve invested too much time and money to let anything happen to them.

And last but not least, I am grateful for my oldest and dearest friend, my dog. You see, Cordy has been with me every waking moment since she was 8 weeks old.

I can’t picture my life without her. If I could take Cordy to work with me every day I would. I miss her every minute I’m gone. We’re quite a pair. I have a hunch she feels the same way about me too.

If you think I’m full of bologna, I think this story just might change your mind. When I go to the basement to change out of my chore clothes, Cordy goes ballistic. Now, keep in my mind I’m only gone for a few minutes. However, to Cordy this must feel like a lifetime. In the time that I’m gone, I can hear weird noises resonating from upstairs.

When I reappear, Cordy has either dumped her food all over the floor or has buried my slippers in her water dish. It’s true; I’m not making this up. She is like a mini Houdini when it comes to maneuvering slippers. She likes to keep her eyes on me at all times.

As Cordy gets older, she likes to be with me more and more.

We even eat together. She won’t start eating until I chew my first bite. She is always on my heels. Even though I tell her I will be right back, she gets up and follows me any way. I couldn’t ask for a better companion or friend. I make a rule to tell Cordy I love her every night before we go to bed and every morning when I leave for work.

I never want her to forget how much I need her. There is a saying on my living room wall that says it all, “I love you to the moon and back — forever and ever.”

As the orchestra starts to play in the distance, I want to remind you to take a moment and count your blessings. We are so quick to point out all the things that are wrong in our lives that we forget the multitude of good things. I can’t help but think of the Rosemary Clooney’s song, “Count Your Blessings.”

没有评论:

发表评论