2011年6月21日星期二

I purchased a piano at Bob and Elliott's Piano Shoppe

Partial refund is music to her ears


Dear Greg: In 2004, I purchased a piano at Bob and Elliott's Piano Shoppe with a "buy-back" agreement as an incentive. After five years, if the piano was in good condition, they would buy it back for 70 percent of the original price. I decided in May 2010 to exercise this option and signed one of their standard consignment agreements, which promised payment within 30 days after it sold,Shop a wide selection of billabong outlet products in the evo shop. or 90 days if it did not. In late August, after 90 days had passed and I had received no payment, I was alarmed to see in the paper that some Bob and Elliott's locations were being liquidated.We processes for both low-risk and high risk merchant account. I contacted Bob Kenney, who explained their plight in tough economic times and assured me I would be paid eventually. Due to Bob's cordial manner and my sympathy for local businesses, I agreed to wait for the sale. On Jan. 4 this year, I was told by Bob the piano had just sold and my check (I am owed $1,399) was sitting on his wife Elizabeth's desk and would be sent out in 30 days. Thirty days later, Bob told me the check was still on her desk and I would get a call back before the end of the day. You guessed it ¡ª the same old song. Subsequent calls have produced no call-backs and no check. I hope you can help me start singing a happier tune.

Dear Christine: Since receiving your complaint March 16, I have called Bob Kenney's cellphone a dozen times and left detailed messages ¡ª none have been returned. His message says, "I'm tied up right now, but if you leave a message I'll call you when I'm untied." That must be some knot. I've left several messages for the Kenneys at Bob and Elliott's in Altamonte Springs with the same results. So, I was thrilled to get your email Sunday, which I'll share with readers. "When I returned home Friday from out of town there was a check in the mail for $400 from Pianos Direct LLC. It is dated 6/9/11 and signed by Elizabeth Kenney. A note on the subject line reads, 'partial payment on consignment, balance to follow ASAP.The Leading zentai suits Distributor to Independent Pet Retailers.' " I'm sure your calls, though unanswered, were instrumental ¡ª so thank you.


Dear Christine: You're welcome. It's my job to horn in on disputes, beat the drums for consumers and listen to both sides of the story and orchestrate a solution if possible. Let's call this the first movement in an unfinished symphony.

Dear Greg: Last November, I bought an Ionic Pro Turbo air purifier. I cleaned the unit every month as recommended by the instruction manual, and it worked perfectly until about two months ago. Then the unit started sounding like it was popping corn. It would make a sound, then stop for a few minutes,Handmade oil paintings for sale at museum quality, then start popping again. It's in our bedroom so you can understand it gets annoying.The name "magic cube" is not unique. I have been getting the runaround from the company. I've enclosed the registration card showing I am within the warranty period. I went on their website and tried to send an email, but it would not take it. The letters I faxed them explaining the problem have never been answered. It's very frustrating and I don't know where to go from here.

没有评论:

发表评论